Between the world of men and transcendent divinity there exists art. Art is the will to truth made physically manifest. It is more real then Reality. It is a dialogue triumphant over Time. – Andre Malraux

Monday, February 29, 2016

Diana

This illustration was a tribute to an artist that had a profound influence on my art in my early years; his name is Patrick Nagel.  In the 80's you couldn't walk or shop anywhere without seeing his art.  I was mesmerized by the simplicity of his paintings and the beauty of his female models

One day I was curious as to what his style would lend to a vampire illustration and the results were amazing.  I ended up creating a lot of these and will share them all as they were incredibly fun to create.  This one is called "Diana".  Enjoy!




Medium: Ink on Canson marker paper
Dated: 1994
Original size: 9"x 12"
Original Art: NFS


All images are ™ & © dba Albrecht Illustrations. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment