Between the world of men and transcendent divinity there exists art. Art is the will to truth made physically manifest. It is more real then Reality. It is a dialogue triumphant over Time. – Andre Malraux

Monday, May 30, 2016

Nick and Paulina

This illustration was another tribute to one of my early influences,  the artist Patrick Nagel.  It also was the first time I drew one in a large scale format.  I loved the challenge of seeing the world through Patrick's eyes and his style helped me to better understand both composition and anatomy.

This portrait is of two of my favorite models in the 80's and 90's, Nick Constantino and Paulina Porizkova.  





Medium: Ink on Canson marker paper
Dated: 1993
Original size: 18"x 24"
Original Art: NFS


All images are ™ & © dba Albrecht Illustrations. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment