Between the world of men and transcendent divinity there exists art. Art is the will to truth made physically manifest. It is more real then Reality. It is a dialogue triumphant over Time. – Andre Malraux

Friday, December 1, 2017

Winter Fairy

This illustration was an assignment I had in the Design class I took in the Fall of 2011.  I had to demonstrate emphasis using value and movement within the composition, the difference between texture/pattern and background/foreground, it had to include a texture illusion or "Trompe L'Oeil", and it needed to be mono-chromatic.  For the texture illusion, I used a silver mesh fabric for part of her wings.

I love this piece and I am very happy with how it turned out.






Medium: Acrylic, Watercolor, and Prismacolor on Crescent Cold Press board
Dated: 2011
Original size: 30"x 20"

All images are ™ & © dba Albrecht Illustrations. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment