Between the world of men and transcendent divinity there exists art. Art is the will to truth made physically manifest. It is more real then Reality. It is a dialogue triumphant over Time. – Andre Malraux

Monday, April 2, 2018

Eric Northman's Most Treasured Possessions

In the Fall of 2011 I discovered HBO tv series True Blood and The Sookie Stackhouse novels by Charlaine Harris.  I fell in love with the relationship between Eric Northman and Sookie Stackhouse in the books and decided to create an illustration about them.  At this time I was also taking a Drawing I class and this became my final assignment.

Here is the original sketch: 



Here is the current progress shot: 



Medium: Charcoal and pastel on Artagain® paper
Dated: unfinished
Original size: 20"x 30"


All images are ™ & © dba Albrecht Illustrations. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment