Between the world of men and transcendent divinity there exists art. Art is the will to truth made physically manifest. It is more real then Reality. It is a dialogue triumphant over Time. – Andre Malraux

Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Julius Caesar

Over the last year and a half I have been focused on writing my novel about Marc Antony which left me little time to draw.  On New Year's Day, I joined an art group so I could be inspired to work on my art again while I write my book.  I decided to work on a still life in order to get my hand "back in the game".  It is fitting that my subject is Julius Caesar, since he does appear in my novel.  

Here he is, in progress:


Added in pastel for shading

Medium:  Prismacolor & pastel on Strathmore sketch paper
Dated: 2020
Original size: 8"x 10"


All images are ™ & © dba Albrecht Illustrations. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment