Between the world of men and transcendent divinity there exists art. Art is the will to truth made physically manifest. It is more real then Reality. It is a dialogue triumphant over Time. – Andre Malraux

Thursday, January 9, 2020

Snowy Owl in Flight

At the beginning of the year I joined an art group called 42 Sketches.  The idea is to create sketchbook art everyday in order to both exercise the hand and form a habit.  While writing my book, I had stopped working on art and so I joined the group to motivate myself.

This is a snowy owl in flight.  It is the very first owl I have ever drawn.  I have always admired owls but I let my fear of failure prevent me from attempting it.  I loved working on this and I am happy with how it turned out!
        




Detail of the face
  
Medium: Graphite on sketch paper
Dated: 2020
Original size: 9"x 12"


All images are ™ & © dba Albrecht Illustrations. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment